About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 10 November 2010

Dinner tonight - Spanish Bean Bake


You can use dried or canned beans for this delicious Spanish dish. Please consider a soaking time of approx 12 hours for the dried beans.

This dish is high in fibre, vegetable protein, provides you with iron, Vitamin C and folic acid.
(serves 4)

400g/14oz dried butter beans
3 tbsp vegetable oi, plus extra virgin olive oil to serve
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp tomato puree
800g/1lb 12 oz ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch ground cinnamon
2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve


If you use dried beans you have to drain and rinse them after soaking. Then place them in a pan covered with water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, then simmer for approx 50 mins until slightly tender but not soft. Drain, set aside. Canned beans can be used "as they are".


Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas. Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan, tip in the onion and garlic, then cook over a medium heat for 10 mins until softened but not browned. Add the tomato puree, cook for a further min, add remaining ingredients, then simmer for 2-3 min, add remaining ingredients, then simmer for 2-3 mins. Season generously, then stir in the beans. Tip into a large ovenproof dish, then bake for approximately 1 hr (with canned beans only 30 mins). 
The beans will absorb all the fabulous flavour and the sauce will thicken. Scatter with parsley and drizzle with a little olive oil to serve.


The Spanish let the dish cool before serving, I personally like it steaming hot! 


431 kcals/serving


Enjoy your dinner!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment