About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Monday 15 November 2010

Food, health and happiness

My dearest readers,

wherever on this planet you are, today has been a beautiful day. I hope, all of you had a really healthy lunch :) And that you've done your workout dutifully this morning or will do so in the evening. 

Today I had just another confirmation by a 51 year old (the age matters in order to show that there is no "Uuuhh, I am 45, sooo difficult to loose weight now!" or stuff like that!), who within 4 months lost 14kg (that is a bit too much, but 8kg would be great to achieve) simply by NO CARBS for dinner and EXERCISE each and every evening, no matter what. 

Remember: the more time you invest in your health now, the lesser time you will have to invest in your illnesses at a later stage!

So, for tonight I suggest a raw vegetable platter. Sounds horrible? Read on, I think you will love it. Make raw veggies part of your daily routine as any treatment, however little it may be, changes your food and kills nutrients!

For 1 person take:
1 small cucumber cut into stripes
1/2 bell pepper of each color cut into stripes
1 tomato cut to quarters
1 carrot cut however you like it :)
4 florets of cauliflower (yes, you can have it raw!)
some radishes

For dip prepare:

-A small amount of extra virgin olive oil in a nice bowl seasoned with some sea salt
-Hummus, which you can either buy readymade or prepare yourself as follows:

2 cloves garlic—roughly chopped
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup water
14 oz (400g) canned chickpeas —rinsed and drained
½ cup tahini
1 teaspoon sea salt

PLACE all ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth, scraping the sides occasionally.
If you like a spicier hummus (like I do), add a small red chili (chopped) or a pinch of cayenne pepper, or try a little cumin for a more exotic variation.

Tip: Prepare extra quantities of this hummus—it can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 1 week and frozen for up to 3 months.



For carbs have 2 slices of wholegrain bread or just enjoy your veggie platter like this and benefit from the essential oils provided by the sesame seeds in the tahini and the vegetable protein provided by the chickpeas. Fresh coriander along with your dish is delightful. 

You can also add some feta cheese, sprinkle it with Mediterranean herbs, some pepper and extra virgin olive oil.

Enjoy this healthy dinner and just feel great and fit tomorrow morning when you wake up! 





No comments:

Post a Comment