About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 1 December 2010

A healthy lunch - powerfood

My dear audience!

It is never too late to learn something new! And even if you think you might know it all, there is always something that you did not think of or that nobody has ever told you before. Not that I would ever think anything like that of me, but yesterday's workshop with Patrick Holford definitely contributed a lot to my wisdom! :) 
In my future posts I will for sure refer to him sometimes, his natural and logic way of explaining nutrition suits my own ideas about it just too well. So, continue following me (and don't forget to actually "follow me" - button on the left side of the page) and you will get much more short, in depth, useful information regarding your daily nutrition.


Look at this delicious lunch that I prepared myself today:


(this is where the picture I took was supposed to be! Server once again is not in the mood, so in the meantime read on please, pic will follow....)





Now does that look appealing or what (you will see!)? And apart from that it has an extremely high nutritional value! 

There are two rice crackers (carbs, but very low calorie and now fat) with smoked salmon (the oily fish that you need for your brain and so much more 3x/week) sprinkled with some coriander.

Further, you have raw broccoli (yes, you can eat it raw, chew it well, it is fabulous!) with 2 healthy dips. Broccoli has always been underestimated whereas it is a real power food! It is an excellent source of Vitamin C (more than citrus fruits!) and Iron
On top of that there is B1 (Thiamin), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic acid), B6, B9 (Folate)  and vitamin A.
When it comes to minerals, healthy broccoli apart from iron contains: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.

And you find a small bunch of watercress on my plate. Another neglected green vegetable (they gave it to my husband in boarding school 40 yrs ago - I always thought, there has to be something good about it... ;) ), which provides you with Vitamin C as well, A, E (Alpha Tocopherol) and K, Copper, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Potassium and much more. I love its crispy, sourly crunch and taste.


Recipes for the dips are to follow, as is that photo! Stay tuned!
Links:








No comments:

Post a Comment