About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Friday 25 February 2011

Calories and loosing weight

Girls and guys, good morning to you all!

This morning, innocently browsing through a magazine in bed, I read such great news that I just can't refrain from blogging quickly, even though my dear husband and the gorgeous UAE weather are calling me out.

It is official! After Idon'tknowhowmany years of making countless persons getting all obsessed with calories counting, WW announced that calorie counting actually will NOT make you lose that much weight AND that it is much wiser to watch what you are eating!!! Guys, come on, pllleeaaasseeee!!!! You're shattering worlds with this statement! (Chuckle)

On the other hand, I must admit that this statement is like an approval for my idea about efficient long term weightloss and I can now officially refer to that big calorie counting world-wide empire of WW when it comes to trying to explain to you guys once again that that is not the right way to a permanent weight loss, but that it is food high in fiber and protein which will in the end let you achieve your goal as they burn more energy to digest them plus they keep the glucose level in your body leveled for a longer time!  
So, a big thanks to WW!! And, dear readers and friends, listen to me next time I am explaining something! 

Here's one idea for a low-fat dinner that nicely provides you with protein and carbohydrates - and don't look up the calories for potatoes and corn on your list....

Bake a medium skinless (that is where you get rid of the unnecessary fat) chicken breast in foil (fat saving again) with lots of healthy and delicious herbs and spices, have a small serving of new potatoes (boiled) and quickly stir fry (with a very small amount of vegetable oil) one serving of mangetout, carrots and corn in a frying pan. 

To not get lost without your favorite passe-temps (aka calorie counting...) remember one very simple rule: the amount of food that you can fill in the palm of your hand curved to a bowl is more or less one serving for you! 

 P.S.: Did I mention that I am really happy about WW's statement??? ......










 

No comments:

Post a Comment