About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Easy and healthy veggie side dishes

Hello world (still my dear husband's favorite "Hello" :) )!


How lucky we are: yet another long weekend ahead of us in our part of the world! Happy birthday to the prophet! 


.....Yeah, exactly...I guess, you all had something similar on mind (see picture)!

Apart from our dreams about endless white beaches, turquoise water and and and as a weekend hideaway let's not forget about healthy nutrition
So, how was that.. during weekdays you don't have time to prepare nutritious dishes and on holidays you don't want to spend too much time on cooking. But still you would not want to suffer from a bad conscience having eaten only well..not sooo healthy food?

Let me provide you 2 delicious and very easy recipes to get a huge intake of veggies with close to 0 effort! Here they are:

Green Beans and Almonds

All you need for this dish is green beans, about 2 tablespoons slivered or sliced almonds, a little olive oil and some soy sauce. In a skillet, the heat oil and stir fry the green beans until warm. Toss in the almonds and soy sauce to taste.
This tasty dish provides you with a lot of veggie protein and essential fats from the almonds. 



Yummy garlic spinach

Olive oil, garlic and a bag of fresh spinach is all that is needed for this easy side. Heat a little olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, cook for about one to two minutes, add spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
Tip: Try adding chopped mushrooms while the garlic is cooking.

Spinach - well, you know it! Prevents atherosclerosis, balances blood sugar and is highly antioxidant and anti-cancerous! If you add the mushrooms you get your vegetable protein again!

With either dish you might quickly want to fry a piece of chicken breast or some nice white fish in a little olive oil. And there you go: fast food in a healthy, nutritious way! 



Enjoy your food and your weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment