About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Sunday 6 March 2011

7 breakfasts for 7 days - Health food

Dear readers,

since two days now Dubai is facing something that we hardly ever have to face...a covered sky!! Some of us really enjoy that while others keep moaning about their motivations to move to Dubai and that they definitely did not expect such a weather out here. Come on, guys, 3 covered days out of 360?? (The outcome of the remaining 5 is unsure!) 

So, in order to distract you and to boost your immune system while the gray skies and the suddenly cold weather attack your mood and your health - drastic weather changes always tend to do that - let me give you this recipe for a yummy, healthy and immune-boosting smoothie. I actually stumbled across it as a recipe for toddlers, but I find it just as adequate for adults. 

If you add some oats or millet flakes or spelt flakes or whatever wholegrain cereals you like plus some wheatgerm you will receive a complete breakfast!


You will need:


-500ml milk (use low fat milk or replace by soy or rice milk)
-250ml plain low fat organic yogurt
-1 serving of a multi-nutrient supplement
-1 banana, chopped
-140g frozen blueberries
-120g of a favourite fruit, frozen (strawberries, mango etc)
-1 tsp flax oil
-85g tofu
-10mg zinc
-100mcg selenium
-2 tsp peanut butter (optional)


Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve immediately after blending. Freeze remainders for further use.




No comments:

Post a Comment