About Me

My photo
Hello, dear viewer, and thank you for visiting my blog! I am a dedicated (and certified) Food Coach and Personal Trainer with a very individual attitude to coaching. I search to look beyond people's health issues and modify their lifestyles so that they can live a healthier life, increase vitality and longevity. Recently as a strong believer in natural healing I have published two books on Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda lifestyle and food at home. Further, I am very much into TCM and the concept of original Chinese Food, especially after my recent stay in China. I am striving to become a Yoga expert through intense training and am practicing some kind of exercise every single day. My second blog http://thrumyeyes-kat.blogspot.com/ is dedicated to my passion to capture the world with my camera and create my own world like that. Everything you will find on these pages about nutrition and exercising is authentic and self-tested. Enjoy and don't forget to send me your comments, which are always welcome in my attempt to meet your expectations even better!

Thursday 28 February 2013

Juicing vs Blending

Dear readers, 

again today I just quickly want to share some valuable information with you concerning the difference between juicing and blending.  

Juicing means extracting the juice from fruit and vegetables, the pulp, the dietary fiber, is being discarded. In the below article you will see why sometimes this might be the better option.

Blending means using everything of the fruit or vegetable. With blending you create full, rich smoothies, which - according to what you add to them - can substitute a whole meal. Or they can just be a nice, easy way of taking in a lot of goodness, which approaches your cells very quickly. 

I got used to having a smoothie as a breakfast. There are fantastic recipes, which will take you through the morning until lunch. You might want to add raw tofu for your protein, wheatgerm for additional, bowel-moving fiber, a drop of pure coconut or olive oil, which will do you a lot of good plus helps your body to absorb the vitamins in your drink. You can grind nuts and seeds and add them to the smoothie, you might want to use almond or soy milk to make it a bit richer. And you can experiment with fresh veggies and fruits in a mix, which is what I am doing. 1 small banana (the real ones, please, not the forever lasting one from a certain brand I do not want to name here!) adds sweetness, body and its own package of goodness. So, play around, experiment, a kind of dark green leafy vegetable is always a good essential component. 

Here is the respective article http://www.foodmatters.tv/articles-1/juicing-vs-blending-which-one-is-better#

  • handful of spinach
  • whole apple, cored but not peeled
  • handful of kale
  • 1 carrot, peeled (you really don’t have to peel, that’s my weirdness)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1 cup cranberry juice OR 1 cup grapes
  • 1 cup cubed ice
  • - See more at: http://petitelefant.com/best-veggie-fruit-smoothie-ever/#sthash.lrc7GEeB.dpuf
  • handful of spinach
  • whole apple, cored but not peeled
  • handful of kale
  • 1 carrot, peeled (you really don’t have to peel, that’s my weirdness)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1 cup cranberry juice OR 1 cup grapes
  • 1 cup cubed ice
  • - See more at: http://petitelefant.com/best-veggie-fruit-smoothie-ever/#sthash.lrc7GEeB.dpuf
  • handful of spinach
  • whole apple, cored but not peeled
  • handful of kale
  • 1 carrot, peeled (you really don’t have to peel, that’s my weirdness)
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 2 tablespoons flax seed
  • 1 cup cranberry juice OR 1 cup grapes
  • 1 cup cubed ice
  • - See more at: http://petitelefant.com/best-veggie-fruit-smoothie-ever/#sthash.lrc7GEeB.dpuf


    Enjoy!!! 
     

         

    No comments:

    Post a Comment